Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paul Gartside's Ila



As we all know an addiction is an affliction that can not be satisfied. Sailing, boat building; for DoryMan there is no quantifiable saturation. There will be drawings on his table and unfinished projects in his shop 'till the day he dies. There is nothing wrong with this condition, it harms no one. Surely you understand.
This design is absolutely fascinating. The possibilities of such a boat are nearly endless and the beauty of the design is timeless and elegant. May DoryMan live so long as to see such a wonder come alive by his own hand!






Paul Gartside's designs and pictures of this boat under construction can be found at: Paul Gartside Ltd.

1 comment:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Long ago this was my dream boat. Paul sent me a full size study plan back when he was just getting started. This was probably back in the 80's. Spent many hours dreaming of her. But beyond my means and skills. Life intervened in any case. I have still not seen a comparable boat that I think is finer.
Have a reset my life boating goals to Walt Simmons Newfoundland Trap Skiff.