Friday, February 26, 2016

Kiwi Raid Photo Essay

My friend, Webb Chiles, who is about to return to New Zealand to continue his septuagenarian circumnavigation, sent me a link to an article in the Guardian about the St Ayles Raid in that country last month.
New Zealand is my kind of country. I wonder if they'd let me live there? My own country seems to be going to hell, with it's current political circus. Sorry about the rant - this is not a political forum, but it's hard to ignore.

Thank you, Webb. The monastery of the sea is the place to be.

7 comments:

robert.ditterich said...

Glorious article with images to match.
I hear you. I think you are entitled to rant, and yours was very restrained in the circumstances.

doryman said...

While traveling on public transportation through Mexico, during the Regan administration, a hard time for everyone in the world - A shop owner told me these were difficult times for sensitive people.
Pretty much describes it.

Bursledon Blogger said...

What a great area for rowing.

Museu do Barco said...

In a certain way this is a true political forum... a very important one...

doryman said...

You are correct, PR - We espouse a brand new paradigm here. Some understand, the rest are coming around...

Alden Smith said...

I am a born and bred New Zealander and I (and many others) watch with increasing alarm about your political scene, and you are absolutely entitled to rant!

We all need to be concerned about the leadership of the USA - it's a cliche, but we DO live in a global village and everyones actions affect others.

doryman said...

Alden, I don't know just what to say. It's embarrassing to me at the least, but to say the wrong thing here can bring down torrents of abuse. There are some very dangerous, irrational elements thriving in this contentious environment. As you say, it would be one set of problems if the lunacy were contained to our own borders, but it's clear from our history that we prefer to take our aggressions elsewhere.